Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the Gamewars Games Portal? (Gamewars)
Gamewars is a subscription based mobile game portal that offers mobile game, web game and
tournament game. Tournament game on Gamewars offers tournament(s) that are open to all
Maxis subscribers for participation. All game tournament(s) will provide exciting prizes and
the prizes of each game tournament are displayed on www.gamewars.my.
- How much is the subscription fee?
The subscription fee for Gamewars is RM3(Excl.GST) per week.
- What is the running duration for each game tournament?
The tournament game on Gamewars runs tournaments throughout the year and each
tournament will be running for 4 months. A tournament game title will be released for each
tournament. Subscribers to Gamewars can download the game and play the game to achieve
the highest rank on the leaderboard to win the offered prizes. Prizes may differ from one game
tournament to the next.
- How do I sign up to the Gamewars portal?
There are two ways to subscribe to Gamewars. Subscription can be via:
- Website at www.gamewars.my
- WAP link at www.gamewars.my
- How do I participate in the game tournament?
Gamewars will announce a game title for each tournament. To participate, a Gamewars subscriber is
- Sign up to the Gamewars portal.
- Download the game title announced for the tournament.
- Play the game and upload your score.
- Maintain active subscription for the entire campaign period.
- How do I contact customer support?
If your question has not been answered in our FAQ, please forward all feedback and queries
by e-mail to email@example.com or submit a ticket on the Feedback Page and we will assist you
as best we can. We will reply within 48 hours during working days.
- What are GEMs and what can I do with them?
GEMs are a virtual currency that can be used to:
- Revive and continue with current playthrough when defeated.
- Purchase minor boosts that can be activated at the start of a new playthrough.
- How do I get GEMs?
Upon launching a game for the first time, subscribers will be given 5 free GEMs.
Subsequently, 2 free GEMs will be given every 24 hours upon login.
Link your account to Facebook through the game’s Main Menu to get 10 GEMs. (Can only be
Subscribers also have the option to obtain free GEMs by playing Lucky Spin daily. (Can be
accessed directly in-game or through the Gamewars portal)
- Can I purchase additional GEMs?
While GEMs cannot be directly purchased, you may purchase Gamewars Cards and obtain
GEMs in various amounts as one of the prizes on our Lucky Spin.
- How many GEMs do I need to revive?
As the subscriber reaches higher levels within the game, more GEMs are required to revive
and continue with the current playthrough.
||No of GEMs
- Can I use my GEMs in future games?
All GEMs obtained during the tournament period will only be usable for the current tournament game.
Once the tournament has ended, the GEMs will still be usable in that game.
If your subscription cannot be successfully renewed within 3 days of the determined renewal
date (due to issues such as insufficient credits or your Maxis account being inactive) your
GEM balance and scores will be forfeited.
BILLING & PURCHASING
- Can I make any purchases without being a subscriber?
No. There are currently no other billing options both in-game and through the portal.
- Is there a limit to how many Gamewars Cards I can purchase?
The daily limit for purchase of the Gamewars Cards is currently capped at RM300 while the
monthly limit is capped at RM500. Please contact Maxis to increase the limit.
- I have just purchased Collectible Card in-game but they never came through. What can
While most of the transactions go smoothly, sometimes our servers might be slower than
usual or experiencing an error. Please wait and see if the purchased Gamewars Cards come
through. If they don't, try restarting the game. Your Gamewars Cards should be credited to
you. If all else fails, please contact our customer support via the Feedback form and they'll get
back to you as soon as possible!
- Can I continue my game from a new device?
Yes, but the method varies based on the type of user:
- Free Users
- Download and install the game on your new device.
- Launch the game and tap on “Link to Existing Account” in the Settings
- Download and install the game on your new device.
- Ensure your Maxis SIM card is inserted into the phone (For multi-SIM, use
- Turn off your WiFi and turn on your 3G.
- Launch the game and the account verification will occur automatically.
- After the verification and account restoration process is successful you may
turn your WiFi back on and play the game normally. (3G is still required to
be turned on for Leaderboard submissions)
- I am having problems launching or the playing the game. What do I do?
Try uninstalling the game and reinstalling the game through the Google Playstore or Apple
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a ticket at Feedback
Page and we will assist you as best we can. We will reply within 48 hours during working
- I can’t install the game. Help!
For Android 6, Go to Settings ->App Manager ->Crossy Striker ->Permission ->Allow
- I’m using a Maxis SIM card with a dual SIM card mobile phone but I can’t purchase a
Gamewars Cards or upload my score to the Leaderboard. How do I solve this?
For subscribers that are using dual SIM card mobile phones, purchases via Maxis billing and
Leaderboard score uploads can only be done on SIM 1. Please swap your Maxis SIM card to
the appropriate slot and try again.
- Can I change my username on the Leaderboard?
Your username can only be set once upon submitting your score for the first time.
- What should I do if the game application displays the Error Message “Out of Sync. Tap
anywhere to reload”
Make sure your internet connection is stable and then try again.
How do I redeem my prizes from the Lucky Spin and GW Points Redemption?
The redemption method varies based on the type of prize.
- Virtual currencies such as GEMs and GW Points are credited instantly into your
- For Vouchers, Topups and Physical prizes, we will first contact you for verification
purposes within 48 hours of you winning the prize. It will then be immediately be
sent out to you. (Shipping delays apply)
How do I redeem my prizes from the Gamewars Tournament?
- Winners will be published and announced no later than one month from the end of
the tournament duration.
- If your name has been announced, you will receive an invitation to accept your prize
at the time and venue specified.
- We reserve the right to present your prize to another participant should you fail to
attend the prize giving ceremony.